Skip to content

The Scottish Highlands, part 1

April 24, 2012

I would have to say that if I was forced to pick my favorite part of the trip, it would be the Highlands of Scotland. When I went to Ireland several years back I left thinking that I would never see anything as pretty as the beautiful green rolling hills we encountered there…and then I went to Scotland. The natural beauty of the Glencoe Valley is absolutely breathtaking and will leave you speechless. It’s the type of landscape scene that you think of when you hear “And God created the heavens and the earth”. Beautiful mountains and valleys full of sheep and cattle, ancient rock ruins, and rich, haunted history.

Blair Athol Whisky Distillery- Blair Athol, Scotland (If you ever find yourself in this part of  Scotland, I would highly recommend taking the tour of this amazing distillery!)

A glimpse of everyday life for farmers in the highlands- Aviemore, Scotland

Culloden Moor

The battlefield at Culloden Moor where Bonnie Prince Charlie was defeated by the redcoats.

Inverness, Scotland

The still waters of Loch Ness…

One of Macbeth’s many castles nestled in the banks of Loch Ness

Loch Lomond

Ben Nevis- Britain’s highest mountain

Ben Nevis

Glencoe

Glencoe

Many more to come!

XO Laura Lee

About these ads
354 Comments leave one →
  1. April 25, 2012 6:06 pm

amazing landscapes !

• April 26, 2012 9:11 am

I concur! AMAZING! I still need to get myself to Ireland AND Scottland! thx for sharing!

2. April 25, 2012 6:09 pm

So beautiful! I’d love to see this place for myself.

3. Tony permalink
    April 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Gotta get there! Beautiful!!!

“Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors.Beware the moon, lads.”
    (American Werewolf In London 1981)

• April 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Hhhmm. Loved that movie, though how the locals threw the innocent lads to the wolves was quite despicable. Better to sacrifice a couple of foreigners than fellow community members, eh? A bit sadistic, though understandably self-preserving. Not a one of those locals gave the boys shelter for the night, nor told them NOT to go out. Set them right out on the path to meet the beast.

Well, in these times, it’s best to understand that the local wolves are really a huge number of pedophiles in hiding out among those moors. Do your research, folks. Oh, do read.

That beautiful landscape hides more than you think. If you take your children on the trip, keep them very, very close at hand. Do not place them in the care of either locals nor strangers out there . . . in the misty moors. The history of Scotland is a chilly one, indeed.

• Tony permalink
        April 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Wow! No kidding! That is about one of the most disturbing news flashes I’ve ever heard! Seriously? I mean, I’m sure you wouldn’t post something like that if there wasn’t truth behind it. I’ll start with some local news papers up there. They do indeed have wolves then.
        Your pictures are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them.
        PS: The bar waitress wanted to save the lads, but the local dart players would have none of it! Great movie!

• April 27, 2012 11:48 am

Sorry, Tony. It is true. Try looking up the Holly Grieg case. Try also looking up pedophile rings in Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Very famous over in the UK, but not known in the MSM, particularly in the US. There are some very disturbing coverups over there that are coming to light, encompassing very high officials in the police force and government.

I did feel a bit disturbed having to ease up on the bucolic, magical nature of the photos but, as we know, surface level covers up a lot. And I would not have written it unless I had a lot of information that it is, indeed, true. I do, however, very much appreciate your writing to ask if there is substance behind my statement – discernment is key and I certainly invite you to use your own when you begin to dig into what’s under the headlines.

In any case, the photos are gorgeous.

• April 27, 2012 7:29 am

I’m from Scotland. To suggest that there is a “huge number of pedophiles in hiding out among those moors” is one of the most stupid things i’ve ever heard!

The Scottish Highlands is one of the most remote areas in Britain. There’s no-one there!!

Besides, it’s a bit of a long shot for a paedophile to camp out in the hills waiting for children. The smart ones will be working in suburban ice cream vans etc.

• kibbled permalink
        April 27, 2012 9:03 am

Q – What has “An American Werewolf in London” got to do with the landscapes and history of Scotland?
        A – Nothing.

I take it the post commenting on the paedophiles was written in jest? I hope it was.

Surely no-one is seriously suggesting that the Scottish glens are over-run with child molesters hiding behind every gorse bush?

• Anton York permalink
        April 28, 2012 5:59 pm

American Werewolf in London was set in the North Yorkshire Moors. Whitby, where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, is very close and is probably the reason for AWIL being set there. What is a mystery is how the survivor ended up in a hospital in London. The Ambulance would have to have passed half-a-dozen major English hospitals and many smaller ones to get there and ignored quite a few more to the north. T’was daft.
        The paedophile stuff is also daft. Sadly, over 90% offenders are family/close friends with the victims and also offending alone; an inconvenient truth that is often hushed up by medics and police ‘for the family’s sake’.
        Teach your children from birth, “No secrets from mummy”. Hammer it in.
        Great pictures, will look in again.

4. April 25, 2012 6:23 pm

These are stunning! I’m moving to Scotland in 2013 and these only make me more anxious to leave! :)

• April 25, 2012 6:47 pm

I am so jealous! I was only there for two weeks, but I could have spent another month exploring Scotland! I’m doing another post on Edinburgh and my favorite restaurants/pubs/shops in the UK! You’ll have to check ‘em out!

XO

• April 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Would like to see your post on Edinburgh – I’ve lived here in Edinburgh all my life. Really like the photos you have taken of up North

• April 27, 2012 11:06 am

WOW. How lucky for you! My peeps have been three times and would love to move there. Enjoy!

• kibbled permalink
      April 27, 2012 3:45 pm

LIzzie, what part of the country are you moving to?

(If you don’t mind me asking)

• April 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Not at all! I’ll (hopefully) be studying in Edinburgh, but have every intention of traversing the highlands as well! :) Why do you ask?

• kibbled permalink
        April 30, 2012 5:46 am

Merely because a lot of people come to Scotland and miss out on many things it has to offer and concentrate on “the highlands” I am not knocking them in any way (neither the people nor the highlands) but Scotland is a great wee country. On travel sites for instance you will find questions from people who arrive by cruise ship near Edinburgh for the day and decide they must try and see the “Loch Ness Monster” Most replies tend to advise against that particular trip given the time involved, the pointlessness (you can’t see something that doesn’t exist) and the cost.
        Edinburgh is a great place and I always enjoy my visits there, it is less than an hour from my home town of Glasgow and work takes me through on a regular basis. If fact I shall be there tomorrow.
        Enjoy your studying and time in Scotland, and although I am not an expert I am more than happy to answer any questions on our little part of the planet if I can.

• April 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Well, thank you kindly! I’m terribly excited; i intend to live in Edinburgh from January to August, so hopefully i’ll get a real feel for the city :) I shall keep in touch!

5. April 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Wow! Simply beautiful!
    I have always had a desire to visit that part of the world! I hope I will be able to one day.
    But in the mean time thank you for sharing your own experience with us all!!

6. April 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Whilst I was living in the UK I never thought much about travelling there. There was always plans to do some kind of hiking but never got around to doing it. I’ve spoken to friends who have since gone off to explore the UK and I’m overly jealous I didn’t do it myself whilst I had the chance. Great pictures. Let this be a lesson, you dont have to go miles and miles away from home to travel and see beautiful sights. Will have to get around to doing it sometime.

• April 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I would have to agree with you. There is always something to explore that others would love to see….you just need to look.

7. April 25, 2012 6:30 pm

So very true! Thank you! :)

8. mikewelland permalink
    April 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Looks wonderful, I have always been meaning to go there, maybe that will be my next trip, thanks for the inspiration :)

9. April 25, 2012 6:50 pm

just beautiful!

10. dancingbeastie permalink
    April 25, 2012 6:53 pm

As a Scot with a blog about living in a castle in the Highlands (yes, really), it’s interesting to see your take on our beautiful country. I’m so glad you enjoyed it – and congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

11. April 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I was in the Highlands many years ago, I travelled for about a month throughout Scotland. Beautiful images.

12. April 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Gorgeous photos! I was only in Edinburgh for two days and I had wished I had planned time to go to the highlands. I must go back!

13. April 25, 2012 7:01 pm

My girl is famoussss! I love you! And I love the pictures of us in “Part 2″ We look quite dapper. ;)

14. April 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Looks straight out of a fairy tale…gorgeous photos!

15. jooy permalink
    April 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Gorgeous! I’m planning a trip there in a month and your photos make it look all the more enticing! Can’t wait.

16. April 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Makes me a tad homesick :) Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos x

17. April 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Beautiful photos – I was in the highlands a lot of years ago and must put it on my list of places to re visit. Thank you.

18. April 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Very nice photos, I would like to travel that place. :)

19. April 25, 2012 7:39 pm

great photos. I was there last summer and it was one of the best trips i had ever been on. I toured most of Scotland from Edinburgh to Inverness to Oban then Glasgow and then flew out of Manchester. Thanks for sharing the photos, it reminds me of the good times i had.

• April 25, 2012 9:06 pm

I would LOVE to take the hike from Glasgow to Inverness that goes along Loch Lomond and Loch Ness….I think that would be an awesome trip!
      I was in Manchester for two days! I’m not much of a soccer fan, so it wasn’t my favorite stop, but it was still interesting!

XO LL

20. April 25, 2012 7:46 pm

makes me want to go back. Though I am not sure if I prefer Scotland or Ireland more. both have beautiful landscapes.

21. April 25, 2012 7:49 pm

I have to agree that Scotland is the most breathtaking place I’ve ever visited. As beautiful as Ireland is, there is something majestic and fierce about the Scottish highlands. Beautiful pictures!

22. April 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Ah Scotland. I’ve been there twice and planning another trip for next year. In 2000 I spent about 5 weeks backpacking and in 2010 I bought a motorbike and spent a couple of weeks riding the roads through that amazing scenery. After my first trip I have found myself feeling homesick for the place. My fav was Tobermory, but it’s all good. The Orkneys and Shetlands are fantastic as are the outer Hebrides. I believe I have McDonalds and Wallaces in the family tree, so maybe it’s about the bones going home.

23. UtahTransplant permalink
    April 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Ah, Glen Coe. Magnificent and sad all at once. Been through there several times and it always feels haunted and compelling.

24. April 25, 2012 8:11 pm

So lovely! Reminds me of the movie “The Princess Bride”. Especially love the castle picture!

25. UnklJoe permalink
    April 25, 2012 8:15 pm

My wife and I visited the UK and Ireland two years ago, and felt the Scottish Highlands–and Glencoe–were the most beautiful spots we visited. There are no words to describe the sight we encountered when we drove around a bend in the road and Glencoe came into sight at the end of a bay. There was a break in the clouds and the mountain tops were awash in morning light. It had rained the night before and we could see rivulets of water sparkling in the sunlight running down the mountainsides. Spectacular doesn’t begin to describe the view. And there was no place to pull over and take a picture! The people we met there just made our experience even more memorable. Thanks for the reminder!

26. April 25, 2012 8:32 pm

I truly enjoyed your beautiful photos. Loch Ness and Glencoe are such pieces of heaven on earth. Will look forward to “many more to come!”

27. April 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Your Photos are truly wonderful!!! What a great trip to Scotland you had and I have enjoyed tonight. Thank you

28. April 25, 2012 8:38 pm

nice post

29. April 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Just beautiful, and blue skies to boot!

30. April 25, 2012 8:45 pm

My family (American) lived in Scotland when I was in college in Texas so I spent summers and Xmas there, and have been back once or twice. I wish I could go back all the time. I’ve been the Ireland, and sorry, my dear Irish cousins (my grandmothers family was straight from Ireland) I wasn’t all that impressed. Irelance is pretty, but you’re right: Scotland is truly magical, and yet people don’t know it as well. Gorgeous photography! Makes me “homesick” for my second home. Scotland, I love you!

31. April 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Amazing photos! I just signed up for the Loch Ness Marathon in September. These photos are making me even more excited about it (the trip, not really about the marathon part :-) )

32. April 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Beautiful pictures, I love how you introduced this peice “and God created the heavens and the earth” made me smile =).

33. XpatScot permalink
    April 25, 2012 9:00 pm

I remember, when I was a little boy on holiday in the Highlands, I found a fragment of a bone in Glencoe and convinced myself that it was a relic of a murdered Macdonald. Your images bring back lots of memories. Thank you.

34. April 25, 2012 9:11 pm

ahh the highlands.
    I fell in love with the place in 2006 and these pictures took me right back there.
    Truly beautiful – thanks!

35. Nikki permalink
    April 25, 2012 9:14 pm

I am heading to Scotland a week from Friday – I’m even more excited after this post! Thank you!!

36. April 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Breathtaking!!!! I want to be there now haha!

Thank you for sharing!

♥ Love and light ♥

~ Jennifer

37. April 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Stunning photos… I can’t wait to visit this beautiful place

38. April 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Such superb imagery superbly captured. Cheers.

39. April 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Despite all the time I’ve spent in the UK, I regrettably never made it up to Scotland. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos!

40. April 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks for the post! Love those pics. Blessed to have been to that country three times. Those “Highlands” are packed with spiritual forces at battle, for sure.
    Thanks and God bless you!

41. April 25, 2012 9:46 pm

I am 13 and have never been to another continent, but I know my first time in Europe will definetly be in Scotland and Ireland! I loved your photos and the way they captured the essence of Scotland as well! The photo of the bridge I just adore! Thanks for inspiring me to pursue my dream of getting out to the Scotland highlands even more now!

42. April 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I honeymooned in the Highlands and stayed on the Isle of Skye. Your photos were beautiful and brought back a lot of memories. My impression was that when you are driving round a bend and then a gorgeous visita unfolds before, it is just amazing and it was so hard to go back to civilization.

43. April 25, 2012 10:01 pm

I am interested in the Island of Skye, the land of my ancestors. Will you be traveling in that region?

44. April 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Stunning!

45. April 25, 2012 10:23 pm

No words… is just beautiful :)

46. April 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Beautiful! I visited Scotland for a few weeks last year and the highlands are absolutely gorgeous; these pictures make me want to go back there so badly.

47. April 25, 2012 10:46 pm

<—– (melted…)

Ben Nevis…

48. April 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Glencoe looks rugged! These pics make me want to go there and spend a month just backpacking and climbing. Nice pics!

49. richert01 permalink
    April 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Truly beautiful pictures. I hadn’t really thought of Scotland as a possible future destination but you may have changed that. :-) What type of camera did you use, if I may ask?

50. April 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Amazing to see the places that inspired songs, like “Loch Lomond”, literature, like “MacBeth”, and legends, like Nessie!

51. April 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Magnificent photographs. Place seems God’s own country. Beautiful photographs on travel blogs increase my Itching to travel.

52. April 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Whoa, these are perfectly lovely photographs! Thank you for giving me a glimpse of a dream vacation.

53. Tom McKenzie permalink
    April 26, 2012 12:00 am

I do love Scotland. Have to go back with my Nikon and take many more photos. Such wild country and cities.

54. April 26, 2012 12:31 am

Wonderful pictures. Did you make your way onto the Islands? My father is from Isle of Skye and it doesn’t get much prettier than that. These pictures made me homesick! Congrats on being freshly pressed.
    Celeidh

55. April 26, 2012 12:33 am

WOW stunning landscape pics!

56. Coleen permalink
    April 26, 2012 12:39 am

I must get there. Immediately.

57. April 26, 2012 12:47 am

Stunningly beautiful!

58. April 26, 2012 12:50 am

Beautiful pics! I’ve been to Edinburgh and Wales when I was in high school but would love to go back so I could explore more of the scenery in Scotland and appreciate it more. Plus I am a bagpiper so it holds a special place in my heart. :) Glad you had a good time.

59. April 26, 2012 1:00 am

This is speachless and breath-taking!

60. April 26, 2012 1:01 am

Ah, Scotland! Beautiful!

61. April 26, 2012 1:06 am

Brilliant pictures of the highland! I’ve been to Scotland once, but Only as far as Glasgow and Edinburgh, maybe next time I will venture out more.

62. April 26, 2012 1:15 am

I never though about visiting Scotland but after seeing your beautiful pictures i decided to put on my travel list :)

Thanx for the post

63. April 26, 2012 1:18 am

Scotland..one of my dream destinations :)

64. Photo Media permalink
    April 26, 2012 1:30 am

Nice pics…brings back lovely memories !

65. April 26, 2012 1:46 am

nice…….
    asheeee.blogspot.com

66. April 26, 2012 2:06 am

Reblogged this on antisamri.

67. Dreamz infra permalink
    April 26, 2012 2:07 am

Fantastic scenery in Blue…….
    Scotland Island of sky……..

68. April 26, 2012 2:14 am

very beautiful pics. looking like very fresh. thanks for sharing.

69. April 26, 2012 2:16 am

beautiful! The Scottish countryside has been on my travel list forever!

70. April 26, 2012 2:23 am

How nice and wonderful of you to share these lovely pictures of Scotland. Had no idea how mountainous it is. I am writing to people in the UK, Ireland and Scotland and know of their wish to become independend from Great Britain. Power to them!

• April 26, 2012 9:04 am

The Republic of Ireland is independent from the UK.

• kibbled permalink
      April 27, 2012 9:05 am

Scotland is part of the UK and Great Britain (Just to save you writing twice)

71. April 26, 2012 2:29 am

in love

72. April 26, 2012 3:10 am

wish i could see this place!

73. April 26, 2012 3:31 am

Love these pictures

74. April 26, 2012 3:53 am

Makes me proud to read this, thank you from a happy Scot :). Lovely photos.

75. April 26, 2012 3:59 am

I loved the landscapes however they are not beautiful as much as Ethiopian high lands.

76. Anarya Andir permalink
    April 26, 2012 3:59 am

oh boy…now this is really increasing my desire to see more countries. Scotland, I’ll surely visit you one day, darling.
    Great post and photos and congratulations for being on freshly pressed!

77. April 26, 2012 4:06 am

Good God! Those are really beautiful!!!

78. April 26, 2012 4:15 am

Gorgeous pictures! I lived in Scotland for a while and fell for the place the very same moment I set my eyes on the stunning landscapes and I met the lovely people that live there. You really captured that beauty very well. Oh, and congrats on being freshly pressed! :)

79. April 26, 2012 4:26 am

Hi, just introducing myself. We spent a great few days in Killin many years ago with the highlands on our shoulders. However, I’m irish and well all those mountains get a bit tedious. If ye want something beautiful, calming and accessible try the glens of Antrim. Better again come visit us at http://www.wix.com/divilthebit/teachancheoil or http://www.nuthollow.com it’s magic!!

80. April 26, 2012 4:28 am

Land of the McGregors, my ancestors. How can you be homesick for a place you’ve never been? Wonderful. Thank you.

81. April 26, 2012 4:28 am

Breathtaking. I have a friend in Scotland who kept telling of its beauty and how I should drop by but I never got down to it. I really should see all these for myself. Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos – maybe now I’ll get down to my trip.

82. April 26, 2012 4:53 am

These are lovely!

83. zakirpla_79@yahoo.com permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:53 am

so beautyfull

84. April 26, 2012 4:54 am

What a wonderful start to the day; a stunning visual reminder, not only of the beautiful place I was born and privileged to spend an idyllic childhood……but (sigh) that I don’t return to nearly often enough……In every one of your beautiful photographs I felt the highland spirits calling me home……..Thank you!!!

Many Congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

85. Miguel permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:56 am

Thank you for your wonderful photos. It definitely made my day! :)

86. April 26, 2012 5:16 am

I used to live up there. These days I spent a lot of time thinking of ways to go back home. Thanks for sharing.

Lorna

87. April 26, 2012 5:19 am

What beautiful photos , you make me miss Scotland so much !

88. April 26, 2012 5:27 am

this was the homeland to some of my ancestors (I am a bit of a mongrel) and until I get the chance to visit it for myself, I thank you for the exquisite tour.

89. April 26, 2012 5:38 am

I am eager to go to these places. Such beautiful!

90. April 26, 2012 5:39 am

Reblogged this on eighteenthousand.

91. April 26, 2012 5:41 am

Last two are lovely – when the light is right it is beautiful up there – sadly it spends so much time raining!

92. April 26, 2012 6:01 am

Wow! Such a beautiful place and photos! Dreaming…

93. April 26, 2012 6:45 am

Gorgeous pictures! It is a place of dreams. I like your line how this is what you think of when you read “And God created the heavesn and earth.” Beautiful!

94. April 26, 2012 7:11 am

Very beautiful! Awesome Scotland.

95. April 26, 2012 7:46 am

those are truly beautiful photos. the location is amazing, of course.. but the work to capture them has been perfect :)

96. April 26, 2012 7:49 am

Laura

You have taken some fab photo’s! I would certainly like to visit the distilleries in Scotland and that castle on the bank of Loch Ness Looks like a great place to stay and just get away from the world for a while.

Janet

97. April 26, 2012 7:49 am

Memories!

98. April 26, 2012 7:50 am

Been there and can only say: Memories!

99. April 26, 2012 7:52 am

Scotland is one of my favourite places to visit. Really enjoy the beautiful scenery.

100. April 26, 2012 8:04 am

Absolutely stunning!!

101. April 26, 2012 8:10 am

WOW!!! This is another reason to cross the pond. Thank you sharing this!

Charlie :D

102. April 26, 2012 8:17 am

Adorable pics! Especially the distillery and Loch Lomond!
    and the description, It’s the type of landscape scene that you think of when you hear “And God created the heavens and the earth”. OUT OF THE WORLD!! Kudos!

103. April 26, 2012 8:18 am

Beautiful landscapes…

104. April 26, 2012 8:27 am

I too must travel there…will add to my bucket list today. Thanks and congrats! Please visit my blog/world! ;-)

105. April 26, 2012 8:35 am

Amazing pics!!!

106. April 26, 2012 8:52 am

Some really great scenery. I like the bridge scene.

107. April 26, 2012 8:52 am

simply breathtaking! ♥

108. April 26, 2012 8:57 am

Stunning photos. I definitely need to visit Scotland.

109. April 26, 2012 9:01 am

“When I went to Ireland several years back I left thinking that I would never see anything as pretty as the beautiful green rolling hills we encountered there” ~ I went to Ireland last year and left feeling the EXACT same way! So, when I planned my vacation for this year, I changed my plans from Scotland back to Ireland again…now I know what I’ll be missing out on in Scotland!!

Sigh…there’s always next year, I guess. ;)

Fantastic photos!

110. April 26, 2012 9:04 am

Awesome!!! When I get rich, I’ll be sending people postcards from home, home being a castle somewhere in Scotland. I cannot think of a better location from which to write my scary stories. Thanks for sharing.

111. April 26, 2012 9:21 am

Mind blowing! You are right when you say heaven on earth!

112. rmnvr permalink
    April 26, 2012 9:23 am

Reblogged this on rmnvr.

113. Sarah D. permalink
    April 26, 2012 9:30 am

Beautiful.

114. teapartyanyone permalink
    April 26, 2012 9:34 am

beautiful pictures! love it :D and the best part is, theres gonna be a part 2, cant wait, hee hee :)

115. April 26, 2012 9:45 am

Gorgeous!!!

116. April 26, 2012 9:47 am

beautiful place!

117. April 26, 2012 10:43 am

The Scottish Highlands are easily the most beautiful place I have ever been. My two best buds and I backpacked Scotland after our freshman year of college and it was so remarkably memorable. The trip from Stirling to Fort William, the Isle of Sky, and then back across through Inverness was absolutely serene and wonderful. Oh, how I miss the place!

118. April 26, 2012 10:48 am

Beautiful photos! I celebrated my birthday in the Highlands last month, and fell in love with the area. Glencoe is just unreal, isn’t it?

119. April 26, 2012 10:50 am

Love the rugged beauty of Scotland! It’s almost surreal! . . . Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos!

120. April 26, 2012 10:59 am

That distillery is kick butt! Great job! :)

121. April 26, 2012 11:02 am

I have been living in London now for almost 3 years and never made it further north than Hadrian’s Wall (http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/hadrians-wall/). This year, I will finally visit Scotland!

122. Derek Smalls permalink
    April 26, 2012 11:12 am

Beautiful! My ancestors came from there. Hopefully one day I can make a trip and see it in pearson. Thanks for the great pics.

123. April 26, 2012 11:17 am

Beautiful!

124. April 26, 2012 11:33 am

Beautiful

125. April 26, 2012 11:35 am

I iike Glencoe ones the best! Good work, Laura =)

126. asavarisharma permalink
    April 26, 2012 11:57 am

breathtaking!

127. April 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Wish I had gone to this place when I last visited England. Enchanting place, beautiful pictures.

128. April 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Glencoe was my favorite, too! :) Something about the place seems to cast a spell over you while you’re there.

129. April 26, 2012 12:27 pm

I actually looked into traveling to Loch Ness and Inverness. I went to Scotland a few years ago for the first time and loved every second of it. I have been obsessed with the Highlands for awhile–thanks for sharing these pictures!

130. April 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Love it, and congratulations on your freshly pressed! I haven’t been there since the 80′s. Your post makes another trip a necessity.

131. April 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Wow that is beautiful! We put that down as 1 of our 5 places that we absolutely had to visit in scotland on our blog. Seeing it so well put makes me anxious to be there already! I bet the distillery tour was awesome too! It always fascinates me how different various distilleries and breweries are from one another!

132. April 26, 2012 1:07 pm

The Wife and I honeymooned in Scotland and it was an amazing experience. Inverness and The Highlands were a definite highlight and while driving was somewhat terrifying it was well worth it to see Loch Ness and Lomond up close as well as the incredible rock formations. Culloden was a sobering and educational experience and we drove to several distilleries near Ft. William but they all had private groups or were closed and it was our last day in Scotland. A great trip nonetheless.

• April 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Were you able to take the boat cruise on Loch Lomond to see Rob Roy’s cave? That was really neat!
      If you ever get the chance to go back, Blair Athol Distillery was a truly amazing stop. Very informative, we even got to try a “wee dram” at the end of the tour (:

• April 26, 2012 2:13 pm

We just drove around Loch Lomond, but since I was pretty determined to capture Nessie; we did take a cruise on Loch Ness. The captain was a former Loch Ness Coast Guard officer for whom the deepest point in the loch is named and he had seen the each uisge a few times so I was pretty sure we would find it. He warned me against trying to knock the creature out with fisticuffs when I told The Wife my plan to catch it and become famous.

We are both dying to go back, especially to Edinburgh and the Highlands again so we can spend more time exploring the land of my ancestors. Here is a little something I wrote about our time in Edinburgh, though perhaps slightly fictionalized: http://unnecessarywords.com/2012/02/24/a-writers-cup/

133. April 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Scotland is a place I’ve always wanted to visit. Thank you for sharing these photos! They stir the inner desire to ‘get on with’ the planning and make the dream a reality!

134. April 26, 2012 1:22 pm

God I love these photos!!! I’m heading straight to Scotland on my next venture across the pond.

135. April 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Very beaultiful! I went to Scotland a few years ago, but did not have the chance to travel north of the country. I loved Edimburgh and Stirling and I wish I can travel to the highlands very soon.

136. DSmithImages permalink
    April 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Excellent!

137. April 26, 2012 2:05 pm

I was in Scotland for three weeks two years ago. I just love Scotlan in every way. Nice photos really.

138. April 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Lovely pictures!

139. April 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Amazing photographs of a beautiful country! Visiting Scotland is on my “to-do” list. :)

140. April 26, 2012 2:26 pm

GORGEOUS PHOTOS!! I want to go there!!!

141. April 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Amazing and beautiful! I hope someday I get to visit Scotland, especially since my husband is part Scottish (and he’s never visited Scotland either). :) Beautiful pictures too, thanks for sharing this, love it! :)

142. April 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Reblogged this on livingleanandinthegreen and commented:
    Check out these amazing photos by this blogger. Makes me wish I could go to Scotland right now!

143. April 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I’ll be in Edinburgh in August and I’m thinking I might have to divert to have a hike or thirteen in these beaut pictures. Thanks!

144. April 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Shame there are no photos of Skye, especially the Cuillins!

145. April 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Reblogged this on Milenanik3's Blog and commented:
    Oh,I love this Land!

146. April 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Beautiful! I’m heading up to the Cairngorns and inverness for my wedding anniversary next month (with my wife of course, it would be cruel to leave her behind). Looking forward to it even more now!

147. April 26, 2012 3:18 pm

I have always wanted to go there… now I Really, REALLY want to go there! Great photos, and congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

148. April 26, 2012 3:44 pm

i especially like the rocks

149. April 26, 2012 3:44 pm

i’m lucky enough to live in this area :) makes me miss home

150. Constance V. Walden permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. Connie

151. April 26, 2012 4:15 pm

so Incredible!
    I have wanted to go so much these past couple years, I started going to England when my son was stationed there, and left my heart there in the UK…
    yes I am sooo envious , I want to live there!
    Thank you for sharing, I look forward to more photos
    Take Care…..
    You Matter…..

)0(
    ladybluerose

152. pernillabredolt permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Stunning pictures!

153. April 26, 2012 4:44 pm

beautiful and charming scenery , congratulations for the shots!
    ( willowideas.wordpress.com )

154. janeaustingirl permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Beautiful!

155. April 26, 2012 5:03 pm

This is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful! I really want to visit Scotland, half of my teachers in school are Scots, I just love their accent! (Nothing defeats Gerard Butler’s though ;) ) hahaha

156. April 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Ohh, I miss Scotland so much!!! Love those photos!

157. April 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Scotland leaves a great taste in the mouth… not just the country side which are breathtakingly beautiful but also the cities and vilages and it’s people.
    Ireland has a similar but different beauty and the nightlife in Dublin is wonderful.

Great pics of Alba!

158. April 26, 2012 5:15 pm

beautiful!!

159. April 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I am so in love with Scotland, we are planning our trip to Scotland at the moment.Two weeks up the west coast in a camper van….. ending in Tongue. I am so excited. These photos are beautiful :-) xxx

160. April 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Laura, I live near Edinburgh and take all this beautiful scenery for granted. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am. Glencoe always takes my breath away. Fantastic pictures.

161. April 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Beautiful! I’m doing a year long postgrad in Edinburgh and as many trips as I’ve taken so far, I still have yet to see so much of the highlands! Next stop: Isle of Skye. I hope that was part of your trip as well!

162. April 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Beautiful. Scotland is on top of my to-review list. :)

163. April 26, 2012 5:59 pm

This looks a lot like the South Island of New Zealand – no wonder so many Scots felt at home there!

164. April 26, 2012 5:59 pm

That had to have been an incredible trip. Would love to visit Scotland one day. :)

165. April 26, 2012 6:44 pm

These are absolutely breath-taking and beautiful… just yet another reminder of why I so desperately want to visit Scotland

166. April 26, 2012 6:56 pm

After visiting the Scottish Highlands in 2004, this Robert Burns song became one of my favorites: “My Heart’s in the Highlands” — YouTube http://bit.ly/hgZw5M It makes my spirit soar.

167. April 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Your post brings back lots of fond memories of visiting Scotland. Thanks for sharing!

168. April 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Scotland was one of my favorite trips I’ve ever taken, but sadly, I never made it to the Highlands. Thanks for encouraging me to go back and take in all the beauty this country has to offer… from the gorgeous scenes to the charm of the people.

169. April 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Reblogged this on hebataher and commented:
    Scottish lochs are places I want to visit ,especially loch ness

170. April 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Congrats and thanks for sharing! I want to visit there someday! So much history and beauty.

171. April 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Beautiful indeed.

172. April 26, 2012 8:36 pm

So beautiful! I’m definitely adding Scotland to my list of places to go now :) Thanks for sharing!

/Linda

173. April 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Stunning. Simply stunning. To my shame, I have yet to venture that far North in the British Isles. Beautiful landscape, famously friendly people. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long….!

174. April 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Love it! Beautiful picts. I can’t wait to go back.

175. April 26, 2012 11:00 pm

So beautiful!!!

176. April 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Very amazing pictures there. Mind posting distillery inside tour pics too? How was the taste of the whisky any way? ;)

177. April 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Beautiful photos! They brought back fun memories from when I was in Scotland and took the bus trip up through Glencoe and over to Loch Lomond.

178. April 27, 2012 12:02 am

beautiful landscapes and the photo of the distillery its looks like a doll house :)

179. April 27, 2012 12:03 am

This is so beautiful, wish i could go. Fire & Ice would love to hear your stories about being there, what it was like and all email us at fireicemagazine@yahoo.com

180. April 27, 2012 12:07 am

I never wanted to go north from my Mediterranean town; up north meant rain; let alone in Scotland. A forced trip to the East Coast changed all that and I forever live with Scotland on my mind (and often in my ears thanks to CDs). Love all you pictures. Thanks

181. April 27, 2012 12:50 am

someplace i’ve always wanted to go. Thanks for sharin the great pics!

182. April 27, 2012 12:52 am

Reblogged this on Dt2358.

183. April 27, 2012 1:34 am

All my relatives live there…I’ve never met them would love to go one day!

184. April 27, 2012 2:29 am

Reblogged this on The Girl with Rose Spectacles and commented:
    these shots are amazing

185. April 27, 2012 2:48 am

nice………….
    asheeee.blogspot.com

186. April 27, 2012 3:01 am

heart touching photos ..
    love them really awesome thanks for sharing.
    very beautiful

187. April 27, 2012 3:06 am

Beautiful shots! Stunning.

188. April 27, 2012 3:09 am

Oh, you’re so lucky! I’ve been to Scotland several times and I’m still to see Ben Nevis – well, more that the lower half. It has always been covered in low hanging clouds…

189. April 27, 2012 3:18 am

Beautiful pictures! Scotland is on our list, for all the reasons you showed! How was the weather while you were there? Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed!

190. Erieen. permalink
    April 27, 2012 3:43 am

scotland really has an incredibly beautiful landscape there. even the traditional houses make fall in love with them. nice post =)

191. April 27, 2012 4:10 am

Absolutely Breathtaking

192. April 27, 2012 5:09 am

amazing shots!

193. April 27, 2012 5:25 am

I have cycled though both Scotland and Ireland, and it brings back such memories. I remember it was cold and wet a lot, but that didn’t deter me.

194. April 27, 2012 5:41 am

Stunning pictures! I agree with you about Scotland, I had the same thoughts after being to both places Scotland and Ireland. ;-)

195. April 27, 2012 5:53 am

These places are beautiful!
    blogoriginator.wordpress.com

196. April 27, 2012 6:15 am

This is beautiful! This makes me want to go to Scotland myself! :) Maybe after I leave Tunisia haha

197. lijiujiu permalink
    April 27, 2012 6:31 am

Amazing.
    I can’t get over the amazing colours in your photographs! Thanks for sharing.

198. April 27, 2012 7:02 am

Wow! Absolutely beautiful.

199. April 27, 2012 8:14 am

Reblogged this on profitscouter.

200. April 27, 2012 8:43 am

WOW!!! I love th epics. It looks awesome. I was wondering if you could check out my blog. Come and see an 11 year old’s view oon all things baseball. Please feel free to offer any advice.
    -David

201. kibbled permalink
    April 27, 2012 9:11 am

Glad you had a great time, I am lucky enough to get to travel throughout Scotland a lot.
    The area round Blair Athol, Dunkeld, Pitlochry, Killiecrankie is undoubtedly my favourite.

202. April 27, 2012 9:11 am

Beautiful landscape and photos. I went to Glencoe many years ago and it was stunning.

203. natalieslatton permalink
    April 27, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you for the pictures! It is SO beautiful! On my list of places to visit!

204. April 27, 2012 10:33 am

Loch Lomond is indeed a treasure, my fave amongst the Trossachs! Great post and some amazing photos:)

205. April 27, 2012 11:23 am

Gorgeous! I’ve never been but have been tempted to make plans. These pictures are moving that decision along. :)

206. April 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Lovely photos, beautiful country, thank you for reminding me how awesome my homeland is =)

207. April 27, 2012 12:55 pm

How can anyone not fall in love with Scotland?! Thanks for reminding me of such stunning scenes so close to home.

208. April 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Some lovely images. I’m fortunate to live on a croft in Aberdeenshire with views across to the Grampian Mountains from one side of “our hill” and across the ruins of the Norman castle atop Dunnideer on the the other side. Sunrises like these are typical, well, when it’s not cold, cloudy and raining/sleeting/snowing!

209. April 27, 2012 1:51 pm

A few years ago I walked across Scotland via the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way, then hitched through the highlands toward Kinlochbervie. It was one of the most beautiful trips of my life. If you can, and even if you can’t, go. It’s worth it, as shown here and more.

210. April 27, 2012 1:51 pm

woowww!! woooowww!! and wooowww!!! breath ta kingly gorgeous!!! you have an eye for wonderful landscapes.. :-D

211. April 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Thank you for the pictures! It is SO beautiful….

212. April 27, 2012 2:42 pm

lovely!

213. April 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Love it! <3 <3 <3

214. April 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Looking real good. In other words of my childhood movie hero, Braveheart, — FREEEEEEDOOOOM!

215. April 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Gorgeous images! Glencoe is indeed one of the most haunting places I’ve ever visited – I am always moved to tears going through that valley. Congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

216. kad permalink
    April 27, 2012 3:55 pm

nice blog!

217. vickikb permalink
    April 27, 2012 4:01 pm

I was just there in December and loved them so much I ended up writing a whole book about how gorgeous the area is :) Glencoe was probably my favorite because of how beautifuly haunting it is.

218. vickikb permalink
    April 27, 2012 4:03 pm

I was just in the Highlands in December (the worst time, right?) and I loved them just as much as you did, and for the same reason. You feel like you’re at the top..or the bottom of the world, with no one around you. The road to Glencoe and especially just being in the valley was probably the highlight of my trip.

I got so excited about Scotland in general that I ended up writing a short humorous book about my trip. http://ebook.vickiboykis.com

219. April 27, 2012 4:36 pm

So beautiful! both my parents are born a bread but they moved down south before I was born. But of course we visit all the time, and It’s still just so beautiful everytime we go. You always know on that long drive up when you’re getting close because of all those beautiful mountains that appear! ahh soo goregous, I haven’t visited in almost 3 years now though. But these pictures make me want to take a visit up there soon! great photography man!

220. April 27, 2012 4:42 pm

what a beautiful place! thanks for sharing ♥

221. TinaChase permalink
    April 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks for posting all the lovely photos. We were there in 2003 and went to many of the places in your photos. We actually got married at Urquhart Castle (“secret” wedding with just us and the tourists LOL). I really wish we’d had had more time to visit. I know one day I will go back to see and experience more. For now, I will just enjoy your wonderfult photos…

222. April 27, 2012 7:55 pm

All I’ve ever known of Scotland is what I’ve seen in movies like ‘Braveheart’ or ‘Highlander’, but until this article, I never would have had the chance to realize the diverse terrain of the entire country! As an environmental advocate, I see all nature as needing greater appreciation & from these pic’s, there’s a whole world full in just this short little piece. WOW… is all I can say…

223. April 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Krásné místo na této zemi,Mám velký sen uvidět a zemřít. Není to tak daleko ? Jsem Anna Česko.

224. April 27, 2012 10:08 pm

This looks like it should be on everyones Bucket List…it looks like perfection! thanks for sharing!

225. April 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Beautiful pictures. My husband and I visited this part of Scotland many years ago. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

226. April 28, 2012 12:11 am

I think if you stare very carefully at the Loch Ness photos, you can just barely make out the monster. If you don’t see it, just keep looking!

227. April 28, 2012 12:12 am

OK – just kidding, but I love your photography. I was there once as a student and the memories are so fun to relive through your writing and photos. Thanks for sharing.

228. April 28, 2012 12:29 am

simply STUNNING !!!!

229. April 28, 2012 12:57 am

wow! what a beatiful places. i really wish i can visit that place someday.

230. April 28, 2012 5:26 am

I’m brand new to blogging, and I can’t see the comment about paedophiles. Just want to agree that Scotland is beautiful. I was there many years ago.

231. emilierosson permalink
    April 28, 2012 5:35 am

Beautiful colours in these landscapes. I’m so jealous that you got to see the viaduct! Great post.

232. April 28, 2012 6:28 am

Wonderful… the Glencoe photos immediately made me think, “oh, the bones of the earth…” Thank you for sharing these!

233. April 28, 2012 7:27 am

oh my god…those picture are so amazingly beautiful…It’s very calming.. I’ve never been to Scotland..I hope someday i’ll be there.. :)
    those pictures made me madly craving for having a digital camera..i love photography…
    surely, you made a very beautiful blog, pictures and post.. :)

234. April 28, 2012 7:54 am

Those are incredible shots. I have never been to Scotland but I have always wanted to go, and seeing these pictures MAY have made me a bit teary-eyed! Gorgeous.

235. April 28, 2012 8:17 am

Hey Laura, you are so right about Scotland – I loved it so much, I got married on a mountain in the Scottish Highlands! http://www.50wordsfor50countries.com where i wrote about it. I love your photos – so evocative!

236. thelinensash permalink
    April 28, 2012 8:51 am

Loved your photos…planning a trip to Scotland, Ireland, England and France in a couple of years. I am always interested in learning as much as I can before we go!

237. sarahsjoys permalink
    April 28, 2012 9:47 am

Beautiful!! We head to Scotland in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to see the beauty in person! :) Just returned from China if you have any interest: sarahsjoys.wordpress.com Congratulations on being freshly pressed!

238. April 28, 2012 10:28 am

So restful to view. Beautiful.

239. April 28, 2012 10:41 am

Like a beautiful dream, only it’s all too real….which makes it truly amazing!

240. April 28, 2012 10:42 am

I lived in Inverness on and off over about three years, and both sides of my family are from Scotland — seeing these pictures (eerily similar to many of my own!) moved me to tears. My husband and I are hoping to move to Scotland in the next few years permanently, and reading this post only reinvigorated that sentiment. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos — they’ve given me a new focus.

241. Char. permalink
    April 28, 2012 10:46 am

Reblogged this on facade..

242. April 28, 2012 11:11 am

Ohhh amazing photos :)

243. April 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I spent a few weeks in Scotland in 2004 and loved it, though I didn’t get to travel around the country quite as much as I’d have liked. I did fortunately manage a trip up to Aberdeen and then Fort William to see some the highlands – very powerful place.

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing!

244. April 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Great pictures. Scotland’s city’s, towns, countryside, weather, brill…
    Andy O.

245. partlycloudypessimist permalink
    April 28, 2012 3:06 pm

This is absolutely my dream trip to go on. I want to walk the vast landscapes of Scotland and be immersed in it’s charm. I dream of the day where I can sit my the waters of Loch Ness and gaze upon Macbeth’s castle. *sigh* Seems like such a distant dream right now.

246. April 28, 2012 3:19 pm

i dream about scotland :P

247. April 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Reblogged this on claudiascarlet and commented:
    I’m hoping to visit and see these for myself after graduation. UK + trip across Europe = Marissa, Alyssa, Claire, Tori, and myself having a good ol’ time trying not to kill each other. <3

• April 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Scotland, if you include the Highlands, will be one of your best trips ever. But don’t miss Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Alloway where Robert Burns was born. See his birth cottage and nearby museum. Unforgettable. Read everything you can about Burns after you go there.

248. April 28, 2012 4:46 pm

I love Scotland. Edinburgh is my favorite city. I visited Glencoe many years ago. Can’t wait to go back to Bonnie Scotland.

249. April 28, 2012 6:03 pm

So magical!! :)

250. April 28, 2012 6:51 pm

So beautiful !! worth a visit !!

251. April 28, 2012 8:04 pm

these places are beautiful

252. April 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I was here last September and loved it … especially Skye and Edinburgh. (the Royal Mile!!!) However we also ran into the tail end of a hurricane and didn’t see much of Glencoe and Loch Lomond … thanks for the photos so I know what I missed! :-)

253. Ham permalink
    April 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Breathtaking photographs, well done.
    Nothing like being indoors when it is raining and becoming insanely jealous of other peoples adventures.

254. April 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Those are incredible shots. I have never been to Scotland but I have always wanted to go, and seeing these pictures MAY have made me a bit teary-eyed!awesome!

255. April 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Very beautiful photos. I was in Scotland for about a week back in 1980. I liked Scotland a lot.

You may want to read this sometime:

“Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America”

*****

“Chris McCandless Revisited”

256. April 28, 2012 10:50 pm

inspiring pictures, hope one day I can visit dan explore those places..:)

257. April 29, 2012 3:31 am

Two weeks after meeting the man I’m now married To, he bought me a ticket To Scotland. Having roots in the Highlands myself, your pictures bring back memories of being very smitten and, if course, whiskey.

258. April 29, 2012 4:49 am

I love Scotland. My Mother’s name is MacDonald so we have an old connection to the Western Isles and Western Scotland. We visited last year for a couple of weeks and stayed in a cottage above Loch Fyne! Beautiful!!! I will go back soon…

259. April 29, 2012 6:10 am

What beautful pictures!

260. April 29, 2012 7:44 am

I live in UK for few years now but never been to Scotland, your photos make me want to go there very sooooon :))

You are welcome to stop by on my blog too! United Kingdom Of Fashion

261. lbkennett permalink
    April 29, 2012 7:45 am

Ah, Scotland! Many fond memories.

262. April 29, 2012 8:37 am

Beautiful photos – its been awhile since I’ve been there myself. Takes me right back. Thanks!

263. April 29, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks for putting the pics up reminds me of beautiful Scotland :) lovely lovely!!

264. April 29, 2012 10:20 am

Nice pics, however you should go back to scotland during the summer if you can – it is especially beautiful then and a different experience all together! i often travel up the west coast along the isles or through glen coe further north & it is just so extra special in summer, very fond memories from my childhood there!

265. April 29, 2012 10:38 am

Hej from Sweden !
    Beautiful photos! My daughter just completed her post graduate studies at The Royal Scottish Academy of Drama and Music. During her studies, she was offered a part in a film named “The Angel’s Share” which will be in theaters, June 1st. they filmed in the Scottish Highlands and my daughter said it was splendid. I need to go there to see and feel for myself. Your post took me right there! Thank you!
    Welcome to my blog: http://gullringstorpgoatsblog.wordpress,com

266. April 29, 2012 10:39 am

Absolutely breathtakig pics!!

267. April 29, 2012 10:46 am

Stunning, I’m dying to go.

268. April 29, 2012 11:25 am

I’ve always wanted to climb Ben Nevis.

269. April 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Un lugar precioso y con mucho encanto….y unas fotos muy buenas.

270. April 29, 2012 12:55 pm

I’m based in London and am planning a trip up north to Scotland. Thank you for sharing this as I think it’s given me some great ideas of where to go.

271. April 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Never managed to make it to the Highland on my visit to Scotland. Now I’m sorry I missed it. Fantastic pictures. I’m looking forward to more.

272. April 29, 2012 2:40 pm

The land of my ancestors! I am so grateful that I had the chance to visit years ago and I am DYING to go back. Thanks for such wonderful pictures. Our clan (Rose) has a castle near Inverness, did you happen to see Kilravock castle while you were over there?

273. April 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I gotta go see my roots one of these days ….

And by the way, it wasn’t just the Bonnie Prince who got defeated at Culloden, it was all of us rightful highlanders.

But, we evened the score a short while later.

Thanks for the blog. I loved it!

Wayne

274. April 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Reblogged this on luvsiesous and commented:
    Ah the beauty of the motherland.

One of these days, I gotta just get on “a big iron bird” in Kiev and fly over there!

Maybe I’ll do that this summer?

What do you think?

Wayne

• April 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Wayne, do it! Scotland is one of the finest, most beautiful places on earth. I have a friend, Scottish folk singer Ed Miller of Austin, who takes groups on folk music tours of Scotland each June. He may be booked up by now, but you could check online.

• April 30, 2012 6:12 pm

WOW! That is cool.

Thanks,

Wayne

275. evainwonderland permalink
    April 29, 2012 4:41 pm

This looks so beautiful ! I wish I could go there and see what you saw ! And your pictures are really stunning, great job :)

276. April 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Amazing! I love the photos of Culloden, you really captured the beauty there. Makes me want to go visit again! (My mum is from Glasgow)

• April 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Culloden is also a very sad place, especially as you walk among the clan marker stones. It’s important history that should be a must-see in Scotland.

• April 30, 2012 7:32 pm

yes, i felt like your photos really captured the stillness and the kind of .. “silence” that goes with visiting places with such sad histories. it really captured the feelings i had when i was there and brought it all back. great work.

• April 30, 2012 10:07 pm

I can’t take credit for the photos. The blog owner did that. They are great photos.

277. April 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Love that Glencoe photo – my favourite place in all the world (and Bidean nam Bian is my favourite mountain to climb)…

278. April 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Reblogged this on InspiredWeightloss! and commented:
    The photos are breath taking! :)

279. April 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Those are spectacular photos. I’m currently caught up in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and have fallen head over heels in love with the Scottish Highlands, though I’ve yet to visit. Thanks for giving me a wonderful visual of so many places mentioned in the book, particularly Culloden.

280. April 30, 2012 2:01 am

Reblogged this on Hong Moon Cho.

281. laseccaturadeibagagli permalink
    April 30, 2012 7:16 am

Your post is simply amazing. Congratulations from Italy!

282. April 30, 2012 8:56 am

Beautiful pictures of Scotland, feel homesick today and stumbled across your blog. Makes me feel like I’m back home, thanks! :)

283. Paco permalink
    April 30, 2012 8:57 am

The best of your post is the istagram efect in your picture…Are really beautiful

284. April 30, 2012 9:38 am

the picture of whisky distillery is so…so…. INSPIRING!!

285. marclefrancois permalink
    April 30, 2012 10:31 am

C’est vraiment magnifique!!!

286. April 30, 2012 11:12 am

I recently left Scotland to live in France, these photos are making me very sad/nostalgic!

287. April 30, 2012 11:37 am

Love this. We did a walking tour through the Troussachs in 2010. We walked about 10 miles a day from one B&B to another; Callender, Stathyre, Brig’O Turk, Killin and Balquhidder are some of the places we stayed. What a beautiful country.

288. April 30, 2012 11:56 am

I love scotland…

289. April 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

290. April 30, 2012 12:41 pm

great pictures!

291. April 30, 2012 1:08 pm

I have always wanted to visit there and these pictures make me want to even more! It looks GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for posting these!

292. April 30, 2012 1:19 pm

It’s beautiful! I may never get to see the places that everyone takes pictures of, but I feel like I get a mini vaca when I see pictures blogs like yours. Its powerful and blissful. Thank you honey.

293. April 30, 2012 6:55 pm

This is great! Man, I sure hope I can go there someday.

294. Alyssa permalink
    May 1, 2012 9:32 pm

Wow!!! These pictures looks so great! Scotland is a treasure…mesmerized here through these photos. :)

——————–
    colorado springs divorce lawyers

295. May 2, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks for sharing those Scotland photos. I have been to both myself, Ireland and Scotland and I want to go back some day, because both are amazing.
    Thanks for bringing Scotland back to me with your photos!

296. May 2, 2012 3:05 pm

I just love the shot of Blair Athol. It happens to be my favourite drink in the world, and I might just be a little bit biased but… still, it’s a great shot of a quirky little bit of perfect on God’s green Earth1

297. May 2, 2012 6:20 pm

Amazing pictures! I really loved Scotland and I would love to be there now….
    Regards from Spain!
    Viajocomprando.wordpress.com

298. May 2, 2012 9:07 pm

Fantastic armchair tour. I want more!

299. photographer/fotograf göransson permalink
    May 3, 2012 5:29 am

Lovely photos! I’m amazed!

300. Virginia Combs permalink
    May 3, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks for the beautiful photos of Scotland. My branch of the Cameron clan was from Blair Athol and my husband and I visited it several years ago. I felt such a strong connection to Scotland and enjoyed our trip very much.

301. May 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you for the pictures! It is SO beautiful! On my list of places to visit!Keep Up your good work.Residential Cleaning

302. May 16, 2012 1:51 pm

AMAZINGGGGGG

303. May 22, 2012 3:29 pm

I live to the east of Inverness in Banffshire. (You must visit here, your camera would love the Spey Valley)
    I often think wow at the views I see taking my kids on the school run (or even looking out of my window). But I rarely think WOW!! as your pictures have made me do. I think like most people I take my surroundings for granted, but your pictures have given me a bit of a kick in the pants. Thank you for sharing.

304. sarahsjoys permalink
    May 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi! I just got back from Scotland and posted my first round of photos today. Thought I would pass it along in case you were interested: http://sarahsjoys.com/2012/05/28/the-scottish-highlands/ I know it can be fun to see places you’ve been to before! :)

305. July 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Amazing pictures…
    I have to visit Scotland, also because I love Whisky. I think Loch Lomond is also the name of a popular one.

306. November 8, 2012 9:14 am

What a beautiful pictures!I like those pictures very much.I will must visit those places as soon as possible.Thanks a lot.
    Austin Dental Implants

307. daisyandthefox permalink
    November 9, 2012 8:45 pm

what an amazing trip!! and BEAUTIFUL photos! :)

Trackbacks

1. The Scottish Highlands | Well Done!
  2. Building a list | Sweet the Sound